- This event has passed.
Young & Polished Etiquette & Social Skills Summer Course for Children
July 25 @ 10:00 am - July 26 @ 4:00 pm
Polished Manners are pleased to present ‘Young & Polished’ - a Two-day Etiquette & Social Skills Summer Course for Children aged 6-11 years old.
Social Etiquette, Social Graces and First Impressions
- Appropriate greetings & Introductions
- First Impressions - Appearance, Smile, Eye Contact
- Socially savvy polite words
- Respect and courtesy for adults and others
- Showing respect for yourself
- Cultural Awareness & Respect
- Confidence & Resilience Skills
- Grooming, Hygiene & Appropriate dress
- Making Conversation
- Deportment - Posture, Stairs, How to enter & exit a car
- Body Language - Verbal & Non-verbal
- Being a good guest or host and party manners
- Manners in public - Theatres, Cinemas, Concerts & other venues
- Manners when travelling - Buses, Cars, aeroplanes and trains
Digital Etiquette & Communication. How do you communicate with others?
- Styles of communication
- Mobile & telephone etiquette
- Party invitations & how to respond
- Thank you notes - When is it appropriate?
Dining Etiquette & Table Manners
- Understanding a table setting
- Correct hold and use of cutlery (Flatware)
- Practical place setting
- Appropriate use of napkins
- Condiments & Sauces
- Appropriate conversation
- Eating bread correctly
- Eating with others, starting & finishing
- Passing and offering food around a table
- Oops, something is wrong, what do I do?
A multi-course luncheon and refreshments will be provided for each day.
Each student will be awarded a course certificate and receive a folder containing reviews of the course content.
Dress Code: Smart casual attire.
Experts believe that the single biggest predictor of your child’s success later in life is based on their social skills.
We don’t just teach manners and etiquette, we teach social skills that will last a lifetime.
Give your children the gift of great manners and social skills they need to succeed!
Spaces are limited, book early to avoid disappointment.
Investment: £350 per child for the two-day course.
There is a discount of £40 if registration is made by 8th July.
Sibling discount, two or more is £300 per Child with no registration date limit.
Time: 10.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Location: Thistle Hyde Park London
90-92 Lancaster Gate, London, W2 3NR
Date: Thursday 25th & Friday 26th July 2019