Do you find it hard to approach strangers and start a conversation?
Do you get nervous when deciding what to wear or thinking about small talk?
Do you feel that everyone seems to know what to do when they sit at a table with different plates and cutlery, whilst you discreetly copy everybody else?!
If you are unsure how to introduce yourself and connect with strangers and, as a result, are missing opportunities or social events, this course is for you.
It will help you understand how to make a great first impression with introductions and dining etiquette. It also covers how to create engaging small talk and styling tips.
Completing this course will help you enhance and polish your social and professional life through modern etiquette training. You will gain confidence in how you carry and present yourself and how to make positive first impressions.
You will learn:
- The best approach to introducing yourself correctly and with confidence.
- Three tips on how to make engaging conversation and feel more at ease in social settings.
- How to use your body language to communicate more effectively.
- The surprisingly easy ways to instantly be more elegant whilst sitting, standing or even ascending a staircase in heels.
- Complete British dining etiquette, with a multi-course luncheon included. You will be able to enjoy dining with new acquaintances, avoid any faux pas, and make a great impression.
- How to dress with confidence: A professional stylist will be joining us to share her secrets on how to get your outfit right every time and always look your best.
- Five hosting tips to be a gracious hostess and master the art of entertaining; your guests will love coming to your events and remember you afterwards for all of the right reasons.
You will also receive:
- A framed certificate.
- Course notes to help you review and remember what you learn during the day.
- Ongoing access to an alumni group where you can connect with your tutor, your peers and continue to receive support and advice.
There will be a multi-course luncheon and refreshment.
We have a relaxed and enjoyable teaching style; We deliver in a fun and friendly atmosphere where we laugh and engage with each other, and you will learn so much.
Completion of the course will equip you with a host of new and beneficial skills. These skills will help you navigate both formal and informal social situations, and you will feel more confident in yourself.
The course will be in an exciting venue:
We want you to have an incredible experience with us, and that begins with the setting and environment. We always deliver our courses in locations renowned for their beauty and elegance, creating the perfect backdrop for ‘The Polished Effect’ course.
As you can imagine, we get booked very quickly. We have to limit numbers to ensure you have the best experience and maximum time with the tutor, so be sure to book your space soon to avoid disappointment.
About the Tutor:
Our principal coach and trainer, Laura Akano, will be running this delightful course.
Laura is very experienced and works with a range of students, including high net worth families, expatriates and visitors from other countries.
She has featured in television and radio programmes and contributed to newspaper and magazine articles.
Laura has always been interested in learning about etiquette and is keen on instilling and encouraging good manners.
Laura gained her etiquette certification having completed her training with one of the leading training institutions, ‘The English Manner’.
She also received international certification from ‘The Etiquette Survival Group’ and ‘The Social Skills Company’ in the United States of America. In addition to her qualifications, she brings a wealth of life experiences that complement her etiquette classes for adults and children.
Laura has a warm and vibrant personality. She has a way of coaching that puts you at ease and makes the whole day an enjoyable experience.
What her students say:
‘Thank you for organising a super excellent event at such a beautiful venue. The content of the course was exceptional and easy to digest as well as remember. It was also such fun to practice what we learnt.
I must also praise the warmth and easy camaraderie amongst guests which you lit up and kept stoked. It was altogether an unforgettable experience and I can’t wait for the next one.’
No suitable dates? Please complete this form to enquire